Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a Scanning Technician position with the Legislative Services Department!
Under direction of the Manager of Legislative Services, the Scanning Technician performs electronic reproduction (scanning) services for all City departments and general records management support as required.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in office administration, and two (2) years’ experience, preferably in a public sector environment
- Experience in keyboarding, databases, word processing, spreadsheet, and other computer applications
- Experience operating IT hardware such as scanners, multi-function devices, OCE Scanners, etc.
- Knowledge of records management and maintaining electronic and/or manual filing systems, including receiving, logging, classifying, filing or retrieving correspondence and reports
- Experience with SharePoint and an EDRMS is an asset
To be successful in this position you will be comfortable with a busy schedule of competing priorities, are self-motivated and capable of working independently or as part of a team. You are detail oriented, organized, and have a sense of humour with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
The salary range offered for this position is $29.42 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits and vacation. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed position description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on March 21, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.