Media Relations Assistant
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to be our new Media Relations Assistant supporting the West Shore RCMP Detachment!
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual with a passion for educating the public. As the Media Relations Assistant you will produce, create, and assist in managing the content being displayed on the West Shore RCMP webpage and social media outlets. You will assist the Corporal in Charge of Media Relations in the day-to-day management of all communications for the West Shore RCMP.
A typical day could include monitoring and evaluating all messaging, educational and communications activities to ensure quality assurance, creating and posting content to the website and social media, and attending department-related events and workshops outside normal office hours to gather content to implement communications initiatives.
As our ideal candidate, you are flexible, adaptable, and have strong skills in shooting and editing video and still photography. You have the ability to bring a creative vision to life with the general public’s needs in mind. You have strong oral and written communication skills, can work both independently and in a team environment, and are comfortable shifting priorities as needed.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent) and two (2) years’ related experience working directly with social media platforms (or an equivalent combination)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance is required
- Experience with, and a strong understanding of, various social media platforms in a professional/business environment is required
- Experience using Adobe Light, Adobe Light Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working within a policing environment is an asset
- A background in graphic design is an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as required
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $33.23 to $36.31 per hour, plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days. This is a CUPE Local 50 position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on September 6, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.