Building Administrative Assistant
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, award-winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing effective, customer service focused local government services for residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a full-time Building Administrative Assistant position!
As the Building Administrative Assistant, you will provide coordination and support to the Building Services Department, the City of Langford, and its residents. This is a public-facing position central to the operation of the building department. If you are a self-starter, personable, and want to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, then this is the position for you!
Qualifications for this position include:
- A post-secondary diploma or certificate in office or business administration, plus three years of administrative experience (or an equivalent combination)
- Knowledge of the BC Building code is an asset
- Proficiency in a variety of computer systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office (Knowledge of SharePoint and harmon.ie is an asset)
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy amidst frequent interruptions
- Excellent customer service, along with a positive can-do attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to process information and address shifting work priorities with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $35.03 to $38.92 per hour, plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days. Please refer to the Careers page of our website at Careers – City of Langford for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on June 15, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.