Climate Action Planning Coordinator
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a temporary, full-time opportunity to be our Climate Action Planning Coordinator.
The Climate Action Planning Coordinator supports the development of a climate action plan and corporate climate action strategy by collecting and analyzing a variety of data related to climate action best practices, providing recommendations to advance the City’s climate action priorities, drafting reports to management and council, and monitoring and maintaining current climate action initiatives and reporting requirements.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary degree in Sustainability, Resource Management, Urban Planning or related discipline, plus 3 to 5 years of related working experience in climate action and sustainability initiatives within the context of municipal government (or an equivalent combination of education an experience)
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Knowledge of current regulatory framework for climate action and energy management specifically as it relates to local government
- Knowledge and understanding of strategies to significantly reduce energy and GHG consumption within medium sized public sector organizations
- Knowledge of greenhouse gas measurement, reporting and verification
- Energy modelling experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in writing successful grant applications to senior levels of government and/or NGOs is considered an asset
- Strong research, analytical, database, and technical skills
- Proficiency in using a personal computer and a variety of software programs
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached job description. The salary range for this temporary, full-time position is $42.88 to $50.45 per hour, plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on February 22, 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.