Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a temporary, full-time opportunity to be our Communications Advisor.
As our Communications Advisor you will provide strategic writing services including developing and implementing communications plans. You will also provide advice to department managers on communications projects and proactively identify opportunities to share good news stories and respond to and mitigate emerging issues, including responding to media enquiries. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced communications professional to join our team and help write Langford’s story!
Qualifications for this position include:
- A post-secondary degree in communications, public relations or related field, and five (5) years’ experience in a communications role in a local government environment (or an equivalent combination)
- Related employment experience that includes public engagement, strategic and collaborative communications, media relations and issues management
- Communication Management Professional (CMP) or Certified Public Participation Professional (CP3) is considered an asset
- Superior level of technical writing and communications skills in English, both written and oral
- Sound knowledge of best practices for media engagement, management of significant issues and crisis and emergency communications strategies
- Sound ability to provide strategic and tactical communications advice and create and execute action plans for operational, emergency, and crisis communications services
- Ability to use computers including the use of Microsoft Office suite
Applicants must be highly organized, detail orientated, and a self starter with the ability to work well in a fluid environment. This position requires a strong work ethic, flexible and creative mindset, and a passion for communications.
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached job description. The salary range offered for this temporary, full-time position is $44.98 to $52.91 per hour, plus 13% in lieu of benefits and vacation, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on January 16, 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.