Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, award-winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing effective, customer service focused local government services for residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a full-time Communications Assistant position!
If you love social media and connecting with your community, this is the role for you! As our Communications Assistant, you will spend your days collaborating with the City’s Communications & Economic Development team, and all other departments, to plan and create social media posts and other related communications content. You will actively monitor a variety of platforms and assist with implementing and evaluating communications initiatives.
As our ideal candidate, you are creative and flexible, and you have a curious mindset, which helps you connect with others both virtually through social media and in person. You have experience working with social media in a professional or business setting, and you know just how to create the perfect reel. You also have strong writing and administrative skills and love to lend a helping hand when needed.
Candidates should also have:
- Courses in business administration or communications and two (2) years related experience (or an equivalent combination)
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in local government
- Experience with graphic design (InDesign, Publisher, Illustrator, WordPress, photoshop) is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision in a team atmosphere
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $35.03 to $38.92 per hour, plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days. Please refer to the Careers page of our website at Careers – City of Langford for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on May 29, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.