Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for casual employment at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police West Shore Detachment in the position of Casual Crime Reviewer.
As part of our Crime Reviewer team, you will provide high-level administrative, operational, and technical support for the General Duty Police Watch, including advising regular members on policy and investigative techniques. You will conduct quality assurance audits on all investigative files, process the non-investigation portions of General Duty files, review correspondence, and analyze Policy Operational reports to ensure compliance and quality.
As our ideal candidate, you will have previous RCMP investigative experience, and the ability to analyze and process information with a high level of accuracy, discretion, and attention to detail. You are a team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and an interest in coaching others.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by RCMP operational courses and five (5) years operational experience in police investigation work, preferably in E Division (or an equivalent combination of education and field experience)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance is required
- Thorough knowledge of RCMP national data systems, including but not limited to PIRS, CPIC, OSR, CIIDS and PRIME
- Working knowledge of RCMP reporting requirements/Informants/Search and Seizure policies
- Thorough knowledge of the RCMP and the West Shore Detachments’ operation, policies and procedures
- Ability to accept or initiate and effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks