Deputy Director of Engineering & Public Works
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for our Deputy Director of Engineering & Public Works position!
As a member of the City’s management team, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Public Works Department in the delivery of operations and maintenance functions for City infrastructure and services
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including Council, Committees, Ministries, Crown Corporations and other agencies and community partners in the development and delivery of City infrastructure services
- Ensure contracts and department budgets are managed effectively, and lead project management for infrastructure delivery and maintenance
- Support the City’s asset management initiatives to ensure City assets are maintained effectively
Qualifications for this position include:
- Member in good standing with EGBC or with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) and eight (8) years progressively responsible experience (or an equivalent combination)
- Preference given to a P.Eng. or applicant eligible for the equivalent designation
- Thorough understanding of management principles, project management, financial and budgetary process, informational technology, and contract administration including the public procurement process
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage workloads and projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure effectively and efficiently
- Understanding of governmental and legal procedures related to land development and public works maintenance or a willingness to learn
- A commitment to excellent customer service, continuous improvement, and life-long learning
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached position description. The salary range offered for this full-time position is $112,428 to $122,854 annually (currently under review) plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified work week schedule with flex days.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on January 28, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.