Deputy Director of Engineering
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to be our Deputy Director of Engineering Construction!
As a member of the City’s management team, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Engineering Construction department in the delivery and management of capital construction and subdivision projects
- Ensure contracts and department budgets are managed effectively, and lead project management for complex Capital projects
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including Council, developers, and other agencies and community partners
Qualifications for this position include:
- Member in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) as a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Member in good standing with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) for at least four (4) years, plus eight (8) years progressively responsible experience (or an equivalent combination)
- Experience in Senior Project Management and management of civil construction projects
- Thorough understanding of management principles, project management, financial and budgetary process, informational technology, and contract administration including the public procurement process
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an aptitude for establishing and maintaining effective and harmonious working relationships with staff, elected officials and community representatives
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance, recommendations and direction to a variety of audiences
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached position description. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified work week schedule with flex days.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on March 30, 2022.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.