Engineering Administrative Assistant
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a temporary Engineering Administrative Assistant position with the Engineering & Public Works department!
As the Engineering Administrative Assistant, you will provide coordination and support to the Engineering & Public Works Department, the City of Langford, and its residents. This is a public-facing position central to the operation of the department. If you are a self-starter, personable, and want to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, then this is the position for you!
Qualifications for this position include:
- A post-secondary diploma or certificate in office or business administration, plus three years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in a variety of computer systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office (Knowledge of CityView, SharePoint and harmon.ie is an asset)
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy amidst frequent interruptions is essential
- Excellent customer service, along with a positive can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative while exercising discretion and sound judgement
- Ability to process information and address shifting work priorities with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached position description. The salary range offered for this full-time position is $31.34 to $34.25 per hour.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on March 15, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.