GIS Technologist I - Mapping (Co-op)
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Co-op position!
We are currently looking to fill a 4 to 8 -month Co-op position, with the preferred possibility to run from approximately May to December 2023.
As our GIS Co-op Student, you will:
• Perform a variety of duties related to civil addressing and streets, including coordinating address plan records, readdressing, and assigning civic numbers
• Provide paper and electronic maps and analysis to support a variety of departments
• Assist with the maintenance of the land cadastral fabric
• Coordinate Fire Pre Plans through creation of CAD drawings of buildings and highlighting hazards and emergency equipment
Qualifications for this position include:
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to geographic information systems or other related field
• Knowledge of GIS systems, policies, procedures, and basic programming methods and principles
• Experience with ESRI software suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalogue, etc.) and AutoCAD is an asset
Our ideal candidate can adapt and learn new principles and concepts in a dynamic technical environment, demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service, a strong work ethic, and a sense of humour with the ability to take their work seriously but not themselves!
The hourly rate for this temporary full-time position is $23.00 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits and vacation, and a 35-hour work week. This is a 4 to 8-month co-op term, beginning in May of 2023.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on April 12, 2023.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.