Legislative Services Administrative Coordinator
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to be a Legislative Services Administrative Coordinator with our Legislative Services Department!
As one of our Legislative Services Administrative Coordinators, you will support Council and Committee meetings by preparing meeting agendas and supporting the Corporate Officer in ensuring meetings are conducted in compliance with applicable legislation. You will also provide general administrative support to the Legislative Services department, including reviewing and updating bylaws, policies and contracts. This position works outside office hours to conduct minute-taking at Council and Committee meetings, as required.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary certificate in Business or Public Administration, and five (5) years’ related experience, ideally in Council administration with a BC local government (or equivalent)
- Experience using SharePoint and eSCRIBE is an asset
- Knowledge of BC legislation related to local government and privacy
- Knowledge of business English and confidence in drafting professional correspondence
- A commitment to excellent customer service, continuous improvement, and life-long learning
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself
The salary range offered for this regular, full-time position is $38.89 to $43.21 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefits and pension package and a 35-hour modified work week with flex days. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.