Manager of Contracts & Agreements
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for the Manager of Contracts & Agreements position!
As our Manager of Contracts & Agreements, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the drafting and administration of all contracts and agreements, including various conveyancing documents, for the City.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with the ability to build strategic partnerships and relationships with a variety of partners. You are detail-oriented, have exceptional organization skills, and thorough knowledge of, and the ability to apply, the Local Government Act and the Community Charter.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary degree in Law, and at least three (3) years’ professional experience with drafting and administration of conveyancing documents, contracts and agreements
- Membership in good standing (or eligible for membership) with the Law Society of B.C.
- Strong understanding of legal matters related to a local government setting is required
- Superior ability to draft contracts and conveyancing documents
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive situations involving the exercise of utmost tact, diplomacy, judgement, and confidentiality
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself.
The City offers a competitive salary for this regular, full-time position, as well as an excellent benefits plan and a modified 35 hour work week schedule (nine-day fortnight). Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.