Manager of Legislative Services
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for this one-year contract position of Manager of Legislative Services. The position is available immediately and will end on or around December 31, 2022.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the successful applicant will effectively direct the activities of the Legislative Services division, which include the preparation of Council and Committee agendas, the coordination of elections, the management of bylaws, policies, agreements and contracts, the maintenance of the City’s records and information management program, the processing of FOIPPA requests, privacy management, and lastly scanning services.
Ideal applicants will have the following education, skills, and experience:
- University degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field;
- Five (5) years related experience, including three (3) years in a management supervisory role in local government administration with sufficient professional qualifications to qualify for a Certificate in local government statutory administration;
- Certified Records Manager in good standing, as well as strong technical knowledge of Sharepoint;
- Thorough knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Expert knowledge in records and information management procedures;
- Knowledge of municipal elections;
- A team player with a strong work ethic; and
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself.
The City offers a competitive salary for this full-time temporary position, as well as an excellent benefits plan and a modified 35 hour work week schedule (nine-day fortnight). Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8. Applications will be accepted until noon on Friday, February 11th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.