Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, award-winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing effective, customer service focused local government services for residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a full-time Parks Technician position!
The Parks Technician performs a combination of office and field work pertaining to municipal infrastructure inspection and maintenance, contract management, and municipal-led park, open space, and recreation capital improvement projects. This position responds to resident concerns regarding park, tree, and boulevard issues.
As our ideal candidate, you have completed (or are working towards) Red Seal Certification in Landscape Horticulture, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to establish successful relationships with a wide variety of key partners. You are organized and can manage workloads and projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines all with a sense of humour and the ability to work your work seriously, but not yourself!
Candidates should also have:
- A Certificate or Diploma in a Parks related field, or BC Trades Qualification in Landscape Horticulture and three (3) years’ related experience (or an equivalent combination)
- A valid BC drivers’ license (Class 5)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain:
- Canadian Certified Playground Inspector Certification
- IIABC Certified Irrigation Technician Level 1&2 – Landscape
- Knowledge of park maintenance, development and operating principles including working knowledge of the construction and operation of park and recreation facilities
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $38.28 to $43.51 per hour, plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days. Please refer to the Careers page of our website at Careers – City of Langford for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on June 7, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.