Police Services Executive Assistant
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to be our new Police Services Executive Assistant at the West Shore RCMP Detachment!
As our Police Services Executive Assistant, you will provide direct Executive Administration to the Officer in Charge (OIC) and work closely with the Manager of Police Services and RCMP Members. In this position, you will be required to maintain the strictest confidentiality and highest level of professionalism in handling the sensitive, personal, and confidential matters, materials, and situations of the OIC’s office.
Our ideal candidate is a flexible and collaborative team-player with well-developed interpersonal skills, and someone who has an aptitude for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You will have previous experience with, and a strong understanding of, executive administration and maintenance of confidential records, ideally within a policing environment.
Qualifications for this position include:
- A diploma or certificate in office management plus three (3) years’ experience in administrative services, preferably in a police or related environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance is required
- Knowledge and experience with executive administration and office administration practices
- Strong written communications skills including demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive issues and materials with discretion
This exempt position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including one of Canada’s top pension plans, plus a 35-hour modified workweek schedule with flex days and an amazing, collaborative work environment. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8. Applications will be accepted until noon on Friday, October 29th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.