Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a temporary Receptionist position with the Administration department!
As our Receptionist and the first point of contact for the public, you’re a pro-Goalie who doesn’t let anything by you! In this role, you will greet and the assist the general public, pass inquiries on to the appropriate departments, process incoming mail, and maintain office supplies. You will support the Business Development and Events department by assisting with managing the City’s social media accounts and developing content. You will also act as one of the City’s First Aid attendants, as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A post-secondary diploma or certificate in office or business administration, plus three years of administrative experience (or an equivalent combination)
- The ability to provide excellent customer service in a pleasant, positive, professional manner
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (experience with managing social media accounts is an asset!)
- The ability to address shifting work priorities with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Current First Aid Level II or willingness to obtain
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
For full details on responsibilities and qualifications, please refer to the attached position description. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.