Senior Engineering Technologist (Construction)
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications, and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to be a Senior Engineering Technologist with our Engineering Construction Department!
As one of our Senior Engineering Staff, you will perform a combination of office and field work pertaining to municipal infrastructure construction, extensions, land development-related construction, and capital projects. In this role, you will review and approve engineering design documents, and perform regular site inspections.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (minimum 3-year program) or Degree in Engineering from a recognized institute in North America or equivalent,
- Five (5) years’ experience in the Civil Engineering field,
- Membership with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) or eligible for P.Eng. membership with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC), and
- Valid BC Drivers’ license (Class 5).
To be successful in this position you will have sound technical and practical knowledge of Civil Engineering construction (with municipal experience considered an asset), and an aptitude for building relationships with team members, consultants, and the public. Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in construction project management and contract administration,
- Thorough knowledge of municipal bylaws and engineering specifications,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and
- A sense of humour with the ability to take their work seriously but not themselves!
The salary range offered for this temporary, full-time position is $44.98 – $52.91 per hour, a 35-hour modified work week with flex days, and an additional 13% in lieu of benefits and vacation. Please, refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
The City of Langford has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. All new hires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.