Tourist Information Officer
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? Are you a customer service expert with an interest in public outreach? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply to join our Tourist Information team!
As one of our Tourist Information Officers, you will support our tourism department this summer to inform both tourists and Langford residents on local tourism experiences, including attractions, parks, trails, hotels and restaurants. This is a great opportunity to get outside and interact with the public in a safe way!
In this position, you will:
- Welcome visitors in a warm, friendly manner and encourage them to experience Langford’s amenities
- Host outreach booths at the City of Langford Mobile Information Centre van
- Collect statistics, write reports, and maintain cleanliness of the mobile information centre van
- Distribute travel literature and assist tourists with directions, maps, and answering their questions
- Other related duties as required
As our ideal candidate, you will have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, customer service and interpersonal skills, and some local knowledge of Langford and the surrounding area. You are confident in talking to the public and have an “above and beyond” attitude. This is a temporary summer position, working up to 40 hours per week for up to 16 weeks. Hours of work may vary and will include weekends and evenings. A valid BC driver’s license and a satisfactory criminal record check are required.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail). Applications will be accepted until noon on March 31, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.