Bear Mountain Golf & Tennis Resort Community : Food & Beverage Manager
FOOD AND BEVERAGE (F&B) MANAGER
Ecoasis Resort and Golf LLP, and Bear Mountain Golf & Tennis Resort Community are seeking an innovative, highly motivated experienced leader to join our team as the Food and Beverage (F&B) Manager.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a key member of the team at Bear Mountain Golf & Tennis Resort Community, the F&B Manager will report to the Director of Resort Operations and will be responsible for managing, directing and providing leadership to the Food and Beverage operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a team and program that delivers an exceptional food and beverage experience.
- Deliver exceptional food and beverage experience via on course outlets, members’ lounge, Bear Mountain Activity Centre and pool, along with special events;
- Create and execute programs to elevate our member and guest food and beverage experience within all outlets and events;
- Ensure food supplies on hand and order supplies as necessary;
- Coordinate all hiring, training, and performance oversight of supervisors and staff;
- Regularly review staff performance and act upon deficiencies as identified;
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships that enhance offerings and profitability;
- Work with Golf, Tennis, Bear Mountain Activity Centre and Sales teams to deliver all event food and beverage as required;
- Participate in setting annual targets and goals for revenues and prepare reports on utilization; and,
- Oversee operation of member locker rooms.
- Three plus (3+) years management experience in food and beverage operations;
- Experience in menu creation and design for both food and beverages;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining budgets, event planning and basic accounting procedures;
- Point of Sale set up and programming experience;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, POS and other software, as required);
- Effective business communication skills (written and oral);
- Must have Serving it Right and Food Safe certificates;
- Knowledge of food and safety regulations;
- Back of House (Kitchen) experience preferred, but not required;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and on public holidays.
Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Results oriented, with excellent customer service skills and a high level of integrity and dependability, and
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to coach, train, and motivate others.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
One of the largest resort communities in the country, Bear Mountain is located in an idyllic setting on southern Vancouver Island that combines pristine nature, highly civilized living and the country’s best climate. Positioned to become one of North America’s most enviable communities, Bear Mountain Golf & Tennis Resort Community will grow to 10,000 residents over the next 10 years through its real estate development program.
A significant draw to the prestige of Bear Mountain is the unmatched amenity offerings. Home to Canada’s first and only 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf, Bear Mountain stands apart as one of the finest golf resorts anywhere. The Bear Mountain Tennis Centre (BMTC) offers eight red clay courts organized in two sets of four court modules and the recently added Bear Mountain Activity Centre (BMAC) rounds out the amenity offerings. The day-to-day environment within the resort community is highly animated with guests, tennis, golf and BMAC members along with residents and vacationers using the amenities as a hub for socializing and relaxing.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Special perks include complimentary employee golf, tennis and discounted BMAC membership (upon facility activation).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted