Scansa Construction Ltd.: Civil Labourer
Scansa Construction Ltd. is currently looking for Civil Labourers. Wage will be based upon knowledge, skill and experience. The following are some of the job requirements, abilities and understandings but not limited to:
– Experienced setup and maintaining a safe work site
– Experience working with traffic and pedestrians
– Understanding of best construction practices and safe work procedures
– Understanding of best concrete and grouting practices
– Able to properly select and load tools for various daily activities
– Ability to properly operate specialty tools and equipment including: Slab saw, cutoff saw, gas line tracing equipment and compacting equipment.
– Show understanding of tools, equipment and materials and take responsibility for organization and house-keeping
– Keep tools together and moving along with production
– Take responsibility for getting the tools put away at the end of each shift
– Able to effectively assist pipe layer on a mainline or service operation for various types of pipe types and systems including: Hydro, Tel, Electrical, Sewer Drain and Water.
– Complete curb, sidewalk and slab on grade prep with various types of leveling devices under supervision of grade-man/ foreman.
– Know and preform correct rigging practices for various types of equipment and materials.
– Be able to effectively communicate with operators using hand signals and verbal or radio communication
Employment Wages & Benefits
Competitive wages based on knowledge, skill and experience
Overtime is paid as per Employment Standards
Group RSP Plan
The management of Scansa Construction Ltd. is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all their employees through the implementation of a comprehensive health and safety program that meets and/or exceeds the requirements of the WorkSafeBC’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. Our goal is to maintain the highest standard of safety excellence.