Scansa Construction Ltd.: Civil Pipelayer
Scansa Construction Ltd. is currently looking for experienced Pipelayers. Wage will be based upon knowledge, skill and experience. The following are some of the job requirements, abilities and understandings but not limited to:
– Strong understanding of grades, slopes and elevations and be able to transfer information from plans and survey layout to site.
– Ability to read construction plans and drawings and have the ability to provide field construction layout with or without a surveyor.
– Knowledge of specifications and standard details for typical types of work. (Sewer, drain, water, hydro, telephone, electrical)
– Demonstrate understanding of specific water main, storm and sewer installation procedures and backfilling procedures and experienced with: Live tie-ins, beveling pipe, working with
mechanical joints, couplers and fittings, setting and raising CB’s & MH’s, benching MH’s, drop MH’s, setting headwalls, installing sanitary cleanouts & inspection chambers, Inserta tees,
fire hydrants, air valve assembly, flush
-Demonstrate understanding of specific Hydro, Telephone, Shaw and Electrical installation and backfilling procedures, conduit installation, concrete duct bank encasements, JB’s, vaults,
MH’s and work in shoring cages.
– Experienced working with differing types of pipe including: PVC, C-900-PVC, HDPE, ductile, cast and steel.
– Understand and preform tests for various types of pipe systems including pressure testing, air testing and mandrilling.
– Works well with others and able to communicate effectively.
Employment Wages & Benefits
Competitive wages based on knowledge, skill and experience
Overtime is paid as per Employment Standards
Group RSP Plan
The management of Scansa Construction Ltd. is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all their employees through the implementation of a comprehensive health and safety program that meets and/or exceeds the requirements of the WorkSafeBC’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. Our goal is to maintain the highest standard of safety excellence.