Sooke Family Resource Society: Community Support Worker
We are currently seeking a part time Community Support Workers to join our team. All employees of Sooke Family Resource Society are dedicated to serving the community and committed to supporting the society’s mission statement.
Mission statement: We provide people, of all ages and abilities on southern Vancouver Island, with services and resources that encourage them to enhance skills, address challenges and create a path forward.
Job Title: Community Support Worker
Date Posted: April 7, 2022
Closing Date: April 21, 2022
Reports To: Program Supervisor, Adult Outreach Services
Wage/Salary: 10-JJEP Wage Grid
Location: Langford, BC
Shift Schedule: Standard working hours Monday – Friday
Hours per Week: 25-30 hours per week
Union: This posting requires union membership
Note: This position is open to applicants of all genders
The role of the Community Support Worker is to provide person-centered support services to adults who have been diagnosed with Developmental Disability and who face significant challenges with adaptive functioning. The Support Workers assists in areas of outreach, skill development, community inclusion or employment support. Support staff may be asked to work directly with individuals one-to-one or in an activity group setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains client caseloads based on referrals from the Program Supervisor.
2. Assists clients in recreational and social activities as outlined in their Personal Support Plan.
Employees interested in applying for the above position should submit their name and resume
to Human Resources within seven calendar days of this posting.
3. Provide client with life skills as outlined in their Personal Support Plan.
4. Assist clients in achieving their educational / employment goals as outlined in their
Personal Support Plan
5. Provides flexibility and willingness to accommodate day-to-day variations in support
6. Provide clients with emotional support.
7. Provide clients with a positive role model
8. Documents cases and maintains records to comply with agency guidelines
9. Maintains an awareness of any issues (medical, behavioral, or other) experienced by
clients and informs Program Supervisor.
10. Provide transportation to all areas within the South Island Region, as required.
11. Provides services to all clients in a culturally appropriate manner.
12. Promotes community inclusion
13. Attend FASD and ASD/PDD training workshops, as necessary to maintain skills and
14. Support, promote and attend SICC Adult Activity Club as required
15. Support, promote and attend program and agency-wide fundraising events
16. Maintains statistical data on clients as required by program policies and procedures.
17. Maintains relevant program and agency standards in accordance with accreditation
18. Identifies social, recreational, and educational services in the community that meets the
needs of the clients.
19. Identifies key issues for the Program Supervisor, including gaps in services and supports
for clients; develops new approaches to addressing client requests.
20. Reports critical incidents immediately to the Program Supervisor.
21. Submits monthly client status reports to Program Supervisor in a timely manner.
22. Attends weekly supervision meetings with Program Supervisor.
23. Attends case review meetings, as required.
24. Attends team meetings, as required.
25. Attend SFRS staff meetings and planning days, as required.
26. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor.
Education & Knowledge:
• Diploma in related Human/Social Service Field
Training & Experience
• One (1) year recent related experience
or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience