Sooke Family Resource Society: Homeshare Coordinator Term
We are currently seeking a part time Home Share Coordinator to join our team. All employees of Sooke Family Resource Society are dedicated to serving the community and committed to supporting the society’s mission statement.
Mission statement: We provide people, of all ages and abilities on southern Vancouver Island, with services and resources that encourage them to enhance skills, address challenges and create a path forward.
Job Title: Home Share Coordinator- Temporary Vacancy
Date Posted: March 22, 2022
Closing Date: March 29, 2022
Term: June 2022 – June 2023
Reports To: Program Manager, Adult Outreach Services
Wage/Salary: 13-JJEP Wage Grid
Location: Langford, BC
Shift Schedule: Standard working hours are 9:00am-5:00pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Hours per Week: Part-Time 30 hours per week
Union: This posting requires union membership
Note: This position is open to applicants of all genders
The primary role of the Home Share Coordinator is to recruit, support and monitor the individual home sharing contractors who provide living accommodation and person-centered support to adults with a developmental disability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process Home Share applications using the Community Living BC Home Study process, as required.
2. Ensure implementation of CLBC Standards of Home Sharing.
3. Coordinates training for Home Share Providers, as required.
4. Meet with prospective Home Share resident to determine appropriateness for placement and facilitate placement with a suitably matched Home Share provider.
5. Assists Home Share Providers in assisting the individuals that they support to achieve outcomes as stated in their person-centered plan and health care plan.
6. Assists Home Share Provider with the individual’s health issues, including mental health, behavioral referrals, and program plan implementation.
7. Ensures guidelines and protocols are available to the Home Share Provider regarding all aspects of behavior interventions, restrictions, techniques, etc.
8. Coordinate crisis response and assists with problem solving and respite if necessary.
9. Review all complaints and advises Manager as necessary, participates in investigations, disseminates information, and produces reports and make recommendations to Manager for any action to be take including termination of the contract and immediate relocation for the individual in the home.
10. Meet with the Home Share Provider within a reasonable time to provide guidance, support, or mediation where and if needed.
11. Complete Quality of Life reports every 3 to 6 months
12. Maintains statistical data on Welcome Home program as required by Program Supervisor and CLBC.
13. Submits reports as needed to Program Supervisor and CLBC analyst in a timely manner.
14. Attends Home Share Provider meetings as scheduled.
15. Attends case management meetings as needed.
16. Attend SFRS staff meetings and planning days when required
17. Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Knowledge:
• Degree in related Human/Social Service Field
Training & Experience
• Two (2) year recent related experience
or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience