Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa: Bellman
What we are looking for
Our hotel is looking for a high-energy bellman to join our busy front desk team. In this position, you will provide bell services to our 5-star guests, manage valet parking and act as an excellent source of information on all hotel matters, amenities and surrounding areas. Our perfect candidate thrives in a busy environment, knows how to provide personal and instinctive customer service and is passionate about the hospitality industry. While previous hotel experience is an asset, other relevant experience will also be considered.
Who we are
The Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa, Victoria, is a world-class 5-star property with 91 rooms, two restaurants and a bar and lounge area, a 300-person ballroom as well as meeting and conference facilities with several amenities including a new state of the art Spa. We are a Westin branded hotel that falls under the Marriott umbrella.
What we offer
We are located on a bus-route at the top of the Bear Mountain Resort in Langford. For those employees with their own vehicles, we offer free parking on site. All staff enjoy top-notch free lunches in the staff room and can use the fitness facility free of charge.
If you would like to show off the property to your family and friends, you can dine with us in Callisto, our exquisite Pacific Northwest fare inspired casual dining restaurant and receive 50% off.
You can also pamper yourself at the Amatista Spa, while receiving a 20% discount.
On top of this, we have entertaining staff events, staff barbeques and lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoor tennis court and other wellness activities.
If you love travelling as much as we do, we have fantastic staff, and family and friends’ discounts for all Marriott hotel stays across the world!
About the job
• Valet parking; parking guests’ vehicles safely and efficiently.
• Being the first point of contact for our guests arriving at the Resort and unloading luggage upon a guest’s arrival
• Ensuring that smooth and fast baggage handling for all arrival / departure guests.
• Greeting all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, making them feel welcome and anticipating their needs before they arise.
• Recognizing returning Marriott Bonvoy and VIP guests and welcome them back.
• Working closely with Front desk to ensure a positive experience for our guests.
• Assisting guests with their luggage and acknowledge them by name.
• Making deliveries to guest room as required/instructed.
• Storing and retrieving luggage and other objects for guests.
• Assisting and recommending local activities to suit guest’s needs.
• Providing guest support where needed.
• Being aware of daily hotel activities, as well as group and VIP arrivals.
• Ensuring the lobby, bell desk and work areas as well as departmental equipment are always clean and presentable.
• Other responsibilities as required.