Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa: Restaurant Manager
What we are looking for
Callisto is looking for an experienced restaurant manager to manage our busy food and beverage team. In this position, you will provide exceptional leadership to your team of servers and hosts, while anticipating the needs of our guests. You are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and excels at training and mentoring staff. Our perfect candidate has significant management experience in high-end restaurants, with a valid Serving it Right certification as well as formal hospitality or food and beverage training.
Who we are
Callisto Casual Dining is set among the clouds in the scenic Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa in Langford, BC. We serve handcrafted cocktails and exquisite Pacific Northwest fare in a modern luxury interior. Savor the quiet peace of our views on our indoor terrace or take in the ambiance for your next event. Callisto Casual Dining is the place to see and be seen.
What we offer
Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa is located on a bus-route at the top of the Bear Mountain Resort in Langford. For those employees with their own vehicles, we offer free parking on site. All staff enjoy top-notch free lunches in the staff room and can use the fitness facility free of charge.
If you would like to show off the property to your family and friends, you can dine with us in Callisto, our exquisite Pacific Northwest fare inspired casual dining restaurant and receive 50% off.
You can also pamper yourself at the Amatista Spa, while receiving a 20% discount.
On top of this, we have entertaining staff events, staff barbeques and lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoor tennis court and other wellness activities.
If you love travelling as much as we do, we have fantastic staff, and family and friends’ discounts for all Marriott hotel stays across the world!
About the job
• Responsible for the overall operation of all food & beverage including restaurants and banquets.
• Constantly seek out ways to enhance service and increase volumes and profit through effective, innovative implementation of the F&B strategy plan and motivation of the associates.
• Execute required operating procedures, checklists, scheduling, timekeeping, and other control measures such as inventory.
• Responsible for ensuring all costs and expenses are maintained within budgetary guidelines ratios, productivities and costs, food costs, beverage costs, payroll productivities and other expenses and that budget is met or exceeded monthly and annually.
• Monitor voids, promos, expense accounts, and service recovery accounts.
• Proactive in exceeding guest satisfaction and product quality. At times it may be necessary to investigate, quickly respond to, and resolve guest complaints.
• Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with all supporting departments, particularly with the Executive Chef, Sales and Event Managers, and Bar Manager.
• Set clear expectations of the associates and must be seen to be fair and consistent when dealing with disciplinary matters. Performance reviews of immediate associates are to be conducted in accordance with the guidelines specified.
• Ensure a clean and safe working environment with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety.
What we pay
A very competitive salary and benefits package.