Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa: Front Desk Agent
What we are looking for
Our hotel is looking for an experienced guest service agent to join our busy front desk team. In this position, you will provide front desk services to our 5-star guests, process payments and act as an excellent source of information on all hotel matters, amenities and surrounding areas . Our perfect candidate thrives in a busy environment, knows how to provide personal and instinctive customer service and is passionate about the hospitality industry. While previous hotel experience is an asset, other relevant experience will also be considered.
Who we are
The Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa, Victoria, is a world-class 5-star property with 91 rooms, two restaurants and a bar and lounge area, a 300-person ballroom as well as meeting and conference facilities with several amenities including a new state of the art Spa. We are a Westin branded hotel that falls under the Marriott umbrella.
What we offer
We are located on a bus-route at the top of the Bear Mountain Resort in Langford. For those employees with their own vehicles, we offer free parking on site. All staff enjoy top-notch free lunches in the staff room and can use the fitness facility free of charge.
If you would like to show off the property to your family and friends, you can dine with us in Callisto, our exquisite Pacific Northwest fare inspired casual dining restaurant and receive 50% off.
You can also pamper yourself at the Amatista Spa, while receiving a 20% discount.
On top of this, we have entertaining staff events, staff barbeques and lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoor tennis court and other wellness activities.
If you love travelling as much as we do, we have fantastic staff, and family and friends’ discounts for all Marriott hotel stays across the world!
About the job
• Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
• Registration of the guests, verifying their reservation, address, and payment information.
• Accept payment for guest accounts, both at the time of registration and at checkout.
• Verify and adjust billing for guests.
• Answer and direct incoming calls from inside and outside the hotel.
• Make guest reservations as requested (phone and email inquiries).
• Assign rooms to the guests in accordance with requests and preferences.
• Monitor room inventory and maximize room revenue.
• Respond and enter In room dining orders as needed.
• Identify, anticipate, and address all guest needs.
• Answer property specific inquiries and be able to direct guest traffic.
• Act as concierge when needed, able to provide recommendations for dining and sightseeing.
• Assist with arranging and coordinating shuttle service in the absence of concierge.
• Provide luxurious guest experience.
• Foster effective communication with other departments.
• Work closely with housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure highest level of service.
• Promote the Marriott Loyalty Program and provide recognition and benefits to all members.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and challenging situations creatively and independently.