YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Program Fitness Staff
Nature and Scope
The Program Fitness Staff will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, and are responsible for providing safe, fun, and educational programs and service to members and participants in a fitness environment. A key function of their role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs, in a positive and professional manner. These staff will also build meaningful relationships through daily interaction with Y members, visitors, and colleagues; and work in collaboration with the Member Educator Staff to support member sales and retention efforts.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership
- Perform member orientations to the fitness facility and Personal Coaching Sessions
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA
standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1
- Effectively support the operation of the facility, including opening and closing procedures
- Teach Group Fitness Classes
- Support the annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Adhere to YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, indicating the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email to: Human Resources YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Shortlisting: Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
3. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.