YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Light Duty Cleaner / Custodian
Nature and Scope:
Join our Y staff team and work within a positive, welcoming, and safe environment at the Langford Westhills YMCA-YWCA. Light Duty Cleaners/Custodians will provide excellent cleaning services throughout the Westhills Y facility. The main responsibilities of this position are to clean the fitness facility, including change rooms and washrooms, exercise areas and equipment, and public areas (lobby, stairways, and halls) at the Westhills Y. Considerable attention to detail is required. Specific hours subject to change based on demands of the branch; flexibility is required. Permanent full-time positions qualify for a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; paid sick days (as per policy – 18 per year, accrued); and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
– Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
– Extended Health Care
– Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and AD&D
– YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year of continuous service)Other benefits are outlined in the Y’s Personnel Policies.
– Ensure that all areas are clean and tidy.
– Clean change rooms, showers, bathrooms, and fitness program areas, hallways etc. (Includes cleaning fitness equipment)
– Ensure high-touch/common surface areas are disinfected according to the Y’s COVID-19 Safety Plan procedures.
– Wet/dry mop floors as required (for spills, etc.), sweeping, and cleaning windows.
– Refill all dispensers (soap, paper towel etc.) and stock supplies as required.
– Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
– Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
– Other related duties as directed/required.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer