YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Lifeguards / Swim Instructors
Nature and Scope:
The Aquatic Staff team provides high quality programs and services to our members and participants, and works as a member of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics program team. This includes maintaining a safe aquatic environment, educating the public regarding safe swimming habits, and providing progressive swimming instruction in the YMCA aquatic system. Due to the seasonal peaks in our operation, the work schedule will flex to accommodate the needs of our members and participants. All positions are entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership.
Permanent part-time (PPT) positions require the flexibility to work weekends, opening/closing shifts, and some statutory holidays (rotational basis). Permanent part-time positions qualify for 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated based on hours worked), a YMCA-YWCA individual membership, paid sick days (as per policy – 18 per year, accrued); as well as a cost-shared group benefits plan after the probationary period which includes:
- Healthcare, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Eligibility for the YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after two years of continuous service, if required hours are met)
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certification required
- Current Lifesaving Society Airway Management and Oxygen Administration (AMOA) certification required
- Current YMCA Swim Instructor or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required
- Current Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructors certification a strong asset
- YMCA or BCRPA Aquafit certification a strong asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification required
- Clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, indicating the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email, to:
YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island
- Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been found.
- Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
- We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.