YMCA-YWCA Westhills: Registration Services Representative
Registration Services Representative
Association Services Office (Westhills YMCA-YWCA, Langford)
Position: Permanent Part Time
Hours: 21-34 hours per week; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 – 3:30pm (flexibility to work up to 6:30 pm based on needs of the Association)
Note – Training will occur during daytime hours (8:00am – 3:30pm)
Nature and Scope:
The Registration Services (RS) department provides customer service from the Administration office in Langford BC. This position is not a front desk position in the Westhills Y. This is an in-person position; remote work is not available.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Registration Services, the direct responsibilities of the position include answering a high volume of phone calls; highly repetitive tasks including but not limited to member reservation bookings, payment, and information collection, member service sales and requests, program and waitlist registration, email inquiries and office administration tasks. Contact with Y Members and the public is primarily through phone and email. The RS Representatives have excellent communication, customer service, and administrative skills. The staff team works together
to ensure each interaction meets high-quality service standards while role modeling the Y core values of caring, responsibility, respect, honesty, and inclusiveness.
The successful candidate joining our team must be passionate about customer service and administration. The candidate should have experience working in a physically small office environment and experience dealing with high volumes of phone inquiries. Experience dealing with challenging service situations is an asset. They will be highly motivated, organized, and capable of maintaining a positive, caring, service-oriented environment. The individual must be resourceful and able to retain a large volume of product knowledge.
Permanent part-time positions qualify for 3 weeks of paid vacation (pro-rated based on hours worked), a YMCA-YWCA individual membership, paid sick days (as per policy – 18 per year, accrued); as well as a cost-shared group benefits plan after the probationary period which includes:
• Healthcare, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP Plan
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• Eligibility for the YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after two years of continuous service, if
required hours are met)
Registration Services is a part of the Association Services offices and is located at the Westhills YMCA-YWCA in Langford, BC.
● Communicate directly with members and the public who contact the Association via phone and email (minimal walk-in traffic)
● Respond to inquiries and provide advice on YMCA-YWCA membership, program selection,
courses, and activities
● Promote the benefits of membership to existing and potential members; develop relationships to enhance service levels
● Promote and register participants in Camp Thunderbird, Child Care and Health, Fitness, and Aquatics programs
● Provide administrative support for Outdoor Education programs for Camp Thunderbird
● Process administrative and accounting tasks that support Membership Services, such as but not limited to membership sales, responding to and resolving membership account and payment issues, processing membership holds, cancellations, and amendments
● Provide registration and administrative support for special events and seasonal needs of various departments
● Respond to, resolve, or refer member and community inquiries and feedback regarding all aspects of the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island functions and activities
● Current Standard First Aid and CPR C is an asset
● High School Diploma is required
● 2 years experience in office administration and/or customer service
● Experience using Active Net registration software is an asset
● Experience using Microsoft Office 365, primarily Teams and Outlook, is an asset
● A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
● The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.