YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island - Langford Offices: Registration Services Representative
Looking for a career in customer service and administration? The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is hiring a Registration Services Representative for our administration offices located in Langford, BC. As a member of our Registration Services team, you’ll be responsible for handling a high volume of phone calls and email inquiries, providing administrative support to various departments, and ensuring that every interaction meets our high-quality service standards.
We’re looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience in office administration and/or customer service, who can use Microsoft Office 365, and who has customer relationship management software experience. You’ll be responsible for promoting our programs and memberships to existing and potential members, processing membership sales, and completing highly repetitive administrative tasks. As a great communicator, you’ll be experienced in dealing with sensitive and challenging customer service situations and see challenges through to completion.
This permanent position comes with a competitive salary of $19.59/hour and a great benefits package that includes health care, dental, vision, a YMCA-YWCA individual membership, and more. You’ll also be eligible for our YMCA Canada Pension Plan after one year of employment.
If you’re committed to our organization’s vision and values, and you’re a self-motivated team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you.
● Communicate directly with members and the public who contact the Association via phone and email.
● Respond to inquiries and provide advice on YMCA-YWCA membership, program selection, courses, and activities.
● Promote the benefits of membership to existing and potential members; develop relationships to enhance service levels and member appreciation of value
● Promote and register participants in Camp Thunderbird, Child Care, and Y Health, Fitness, and Aquatics programs
● Provide administrative support for Outdoor Education programs for Camp Thunderbird
● Process administrative and accounting tasks that support Membership Services, such as but not limited to membership sales, responding to and resolving membership account and payment issues, processing membership holds, cancellations, and amendments
● Provide registration and administrative support for special events and seasonal needs of various departments.
● Perform general office tasks, such as mailing, managing, and maintaining stationary supplies etc.
● Respond to, resolve, or refer member and community inquiries and feedback regarding all aspects of the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island functions and activities.
● A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
● High School Diploma
● 2 years experience in a combination of office administration and/or customer service
● Experience using customer relationship management or Active Net software an asset
● Experience using Microsoft Office 365, primarily Teams and Outlook, an asset
● Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
● Customer Service
● Planning and Organization
● Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.