YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island: Early Childhood Educator/Infant Toddler Educator
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator will work directly within the program, providing high quality care and creative programming for children in a group setting. Working in collaboration with the child care team, Educators are responsible for delivering the play-based curriculum to children from 30 months to 5 years of age (with occasional support to the toddler program). They will ensure that children are well supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate and fun programming options.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days paid vacation; paid sick days (as per policy); and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
• Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• YMCA Canada Pension Plan (as per eligibility requirements in the plan)
• To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures related to the guidance and care of children
• To assist with the planning and implementation of a consistent child centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
• To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
• To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
• To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to YMCA-YWCA and licensing requirements
• To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
• To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
• To attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training as required
• To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
• To release children only to those authorized by parent/ guardian
View the full job posting here: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found; short-listing will take place as applications are received.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.