Bylaw Enforcement Information

Except for public safety matters, all complaints need to be in writing and include your name, address, and phone number, the location of problem property, and some details about the issues. Licence plate detail is very helpful in a parking complaint. Submissions are queued and an Officer will contact you as soon as possible.

  • Fax your letter or complaint form to (250) 391-3433
  • Email the Department – complete the feedback form below.
  • Visit Langford City Hall, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

For urgent matters after hours call (250) 857-0400 to reach a Bylaw Enforcement Officer if one is on duty. If your call is unanswered please leave a message.

Currently, the Bylaw Department acts on matters only when two complaints in writing are received, except for public safety matters. This policy helps ensure the fair and efficient application of staff and resources, but can change without notice in response to circumstances in the community. Secondary suite issues have additional requirements; see the Topics list.

bylaw resources

Contact Bylaw Enforcement

  • Please fill out the contact form below and click on the SUBMIT button when you are done. Note: Please be advised that we cannot act on anonymous complaints.
  • Please provide a detailed description in the box below. If your concern is about a parking issue, please provide as much detail as possible (Vehicle: Make/Model, Colour, and Licence Plate #).
  • If you do not have an email address, you cannot use this form. Alternatively, you can call the Bylaw Service Department at 250-474-0604.