Integra Support Services: Residential Support Worker
Integra Support Services is a dynamic and expanding social service agency on Vancouver Island. We offer a broad range of services, supports and opportunities to adults and children who live with diverse abilities and intellectual challenges. Our focus is person specific and centered.
As a Residential Support Worker/Community Inclusion Worker you will follow the direction of the Program Coordinator, function as part of a team to provide for the daily living needs of individuals in the community and contribute to all operational aspects of the program as defined in the Job Description. You will motivate, support, and assist the individual in the development of life skills, making healthy lifestyle choices and in supporting full community integration and citizenship.
• Grade 12 required.
• Minimum of a diploma or certificate or attending education in a field related to human services. Such as: Child and Youth Care, Counseling, Social Work, or Community Social Services – Mental Health, Community Support Worker Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience working with non-ambulatory, personal care, feeding, lifting & transferring to wheelchair and medication administration an asset.
• Experience in a medical setting with G/J-tube and/or trach care knowledge an asset.
• Experience with ADHD, OCD, autism spectrum, aggressive, challenging, and self-harming behaviour an asset.
• Experience working with at-risk youth and/or people who have experienced trauma, exhibit extreme behavior and self-harm behaviour an asset.
• Covid Vaccination QR Code required.
• Emergency First Aid with CPR Level C certification required.
• TB Test
• BC Criminal Records Review Program Clearance
• NVCI or SIVA training an asset
• Valid Class 5 or Class 4 Driver’s License an asset
• Clear current Driver’s Abstract
• Understanding of & Willingness to commit to Essence of Life, Personal Value Statements, Guiding Principles, Living Culture of the Home and Moral Leadership
• Commitment to accompany individual on day excursions into the community
• Familiarity with site specific care plans and shift routines is an asset
• Ability to work with individuals specific to this position
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position & shift responsibilities
• Ability to follow protocols, policies and procedures
• Ability to stay calm and focused in a stressful situation
• Ability to promote positive behavioural intervention strategies
• Ability to recognize a potential crisis/emergency situation, analyze the situation accurately, and develop strategies to deal with the situation
• Ability to follow the Risk Assessments and apply all Safety Plans/Behaviour Support Strategies
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume via Indeed. Our current job postings can be found here Integra Support Services jobs and careers | Indeed.com. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Integra Support Services and we look forward to hearing from you!
Integra is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our stakeholders. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity to apply. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.