YMCW-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Member Educator Staff
Shifts: Sunday 7:15 AM – 12:15 pm
Additional hours will be available for shift coverage.
Weekend availability required
Nature and Scope:
The Member Educator Staff provides excellence in customer service while working as part of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics team of staff and volunteers to provide a welcoming and safe experience to all members, participants, and guests. Casual positions are entitled to a free individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
• Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
• Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants, learning and using their names
• Promote and educate members, guests and potential members on all membership and program offerings
• Assist potential members with registration when needed
• Support members, guests, and participants check-in process
• Provide facility tours through YMCA 7 Steps of Selling
• Develop and retain a high level of product knowledge on other Vancouver Island Y programs and services outside of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic centre
• Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, volunteers, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all
• Contribute as a member of the staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
• Meet and exceed projected sales targets
• Maintains daily sales and program statistics
• Remain calm and use supportive language when dealing with upset members and stressful situations
• High School graduation required, post-secondary education in progress or completed preferred
• Commitment to building meaningful relationships through positive daily interactions with Y members and guests
• Proven customer service excellence
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (mainly Word, Excel)
• Registration software experience an asset (training provided)
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR (C) required
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
• The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
• Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
• Service Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, indicating the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.