GFL Environmental : Professional Driver
WELCOME TO GFL LANGFORD!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing of Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 18,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic professional Drivers to support our growing Langford community.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
- Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As a Professional Driver for GFL, you are responsible for the timely, safe, efficient and customer friendly delivery of waste collection and recycling services. You help establish and influence the public impression of GFL and ensure it remains an accurate reflection of who we are and what we stand for as a company.
- Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established routing
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections and log book completion
- Complete an assigned daily route in a timely and safe manner as directed by the Operations Manager or his/her designate
- Perform driver check-ins at days end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal facilities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Site Manager or his/her designate
- Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
- Customer service focused
- Minimum Class 3 with air endorsement
- Heavy lifting required on a repetitive basis
- Acceptable driving record
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities.