City Centre Park: Line Cook
We are looking for some great people to join our team as a LINE COOK!
Located in the heart of Langford, City Centre Park offers the biggest entertainment and social venue on the Island. It’s home to the Island’s largest screen in our sports themed restaurant, Victoria’s only 10 pin bowling alley, a NEW huge patio, and a retro arcade. We have something for everyone!
With fresh, local, in-house made food, and local beers on tap, City Centre Grille and Patio 37 provides a mouthwatering dining experience. The Line Cooks are responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner.
NOTE: We are currently looking for candidates who can work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays consistently. This position is not Monday-Friday, and priority will be given to candidates with open availability.
· Daily preparation of food items in all areas of the kitchen
· Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
· Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
· Restocks all items as needed throughout shift
· Knowledgeable in kitchen equipment and safe practice
· Cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk in coolers, and all storage areas is required.
· Conducts cleaning duties such as dishwashing, sweep and mop floors, and garbage.
· Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed as requested by the Chef.
· Minimum 1 year experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen
· A team player
· Guest experience focused
· Good availability including nights and weekends, week days for the right candidate
· A valid Food Safe certificate is required
What we offer:
· Competitive wage and participation in the House Tip pool (hourly wages commensurate with experience)
· One free staff meal per shift
· Facility discounts (such as bowling, mini golf, Playzone, skating, etc.)
· Fun supportive work environment