Code Ninjas: Coding Instructor
Code Ninjas is a coding school for kids from 7 to 14 years old. At our center kids learn to code in a super fun way – by building video games!
Our instructors (official title: Code Senseis) enjoy sharing the fun + creativity of coding with students!
Working at Code Ninjas you can expect a teaching environment that’s always fun + students that are excited to learn.
Code Senseis guide kids as they learn our world-class curriculum and work on cool projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Guide students using Code Ninjas curriculum
· Lead STEM activities and games
· Supervise classes of up to 10 students
· Grade student assignments
· Encourage & inspire students in creativity and critical thinking
· Cheerful, energetic demeanor
· Technically inclined
· Willing to learn
· Familiar with coding + related concepts (we teach JS, HTML/CSS + more)
· Enrolled in Post-Secondary institution (any faculty)
· Experience teaching and/or tutoring kids
· Classroom Management skills & experience
· Presentation skills
· You like laughing, energy, smiling, and hi-fives!
Work Environment and Wages
· Staff break-room
· Free parking available and on bus route
· Typical hours Mon-Fri 3-730pm, Sat 930am-3pm
· Casual dress code, staff t-shirt provided
· Center located in Westshore
· Up to 25hrs per week, schedules 2 weeks in advance
· Starting wage $16.50 and up depending on experience, competencies, and promotions
Please submit your resume and our Center Director, Jesse, will respond promptly!