First General: Labourer
First General Services of Vancouver Island
First General Services of Vancouver Island (“FG”) is a leading provider of disaster response (fire, flood, wind and more). Locally owned and operated, FG services the South and mid-island regions and has become a trusted adviser to its customers and partners.
We offer paid training, benefits, great advancement opportunities and awesome company culture. We’re looking for a General Labourer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks including cleaning, general demolition, content moving and assisting other team members (including carpenters and water technicians).
• Provide prompt and professional service to all customers,
• Complete the activities listed on daily work orders and keep an accurate log of consumables and equipment used, along with progress of work.
• Utilize provided systems and software and photo document all work and site visits, this includes FG’s job management, time sheet and contents management system
• Experience in a construction or restoration environment is an asset
• Ability to safely use a variety of power tools and equipment
• Proven customer service skills
• Class 5 driver’s license
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday