Juan de Fuca Royals Summer Swim Club: Head Coach
Nature and Scope
Dive into an extraordinary summer opportunity as the Juan de Fuca Royals Head Coach in the exciting Westshore of British Columbia (BC). The Juan De Fuca Royals Swim Club, a prominent and rapidly growing summer swim club associated with the BC Summer Swimming Association, is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Head Coach to join our team starting in July – September 2023 (negotiable). You bring a proven track record of success and are committed to creating a positive and supportive environment for swimmers. Your dedication and enthusiasm to fostering both a supportive and fun environment for swimmers of various abilities and commitment levels is contagious.
The Juan De Fuca Royals are based in Victoria BC and train at the Westshore Parks and Rec Centre located in Colwood, BC . Nestled amidst stunning natural landscapes and offering a plethora of recreational activities, the Westshore region provides a perfect balance between work and leisure. Our swim team is comprised of approximately 70 diverse swimmers, with participants from novice to division 8, including regional and provincial competitors. We have consistently attended the BCSSA Provincial Championships and we expect to grow our presence at this level.
A reliable vehicle and the ability to travel independently on Vancouver Island and to Provincials is required.
As the Head Coach, you will play a pivotal role in championing a passion for summer swimming and shaping the development and success of our swimmers and coaching team. Key responsibilities include:
• Designing, organizing, and implementing a comprehensive swimming training program for the team, including dryland workouts.
• Supporting and developing the coaching team through coaches meetings and mentoring.
• Setting individualized goals for swimmers and monitoring their progress towards these goals by providing technical feedback.
• Organizing and participating in team social events and team building to foster a sense of camaraderie, including team cheer development.
• Creating a positive and enjoyable environment for swimmers of different abilities and commitment levels.
• Demonstrating strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
• Developing and executing a comprehensive communication plan to engage swimmers, parents, and support the overall operations of the club.
• Acting as a positive role model to all swimmers, exhibiting enthusiasm, energy, and a high level of commitment.
• Ensuring commitment to all practices and swim meets during the summer season.
• Managing meet entries for swim meets through Active.
• Respecting and adhering to the BCSSA Coaching Code of Ethics and all club policies.
Qualifications and Experience
• Previous experience in swim coaching in a competitive environment, coupled with a background as a competitive swimmer.
• Minimum certification of NCCP Fundamentals Coach Certified or higher.
• National Lifeguard Certification preferred.
• Standard First Aid including CPR-C.
• Ability to provide a current criminal record check including vulnerable sector screening (for applicants 19 years of age and older).
• Collaboration, teamwork and positive role modeling.
• Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
• Exudes a contagious, passionate, love for summer swim club.