YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Team Leader - Member Educator Staff
Nature and Scope:
The Team Leader – Member Educator (Membership Sales and Services) assists with the operation of the Membership Sales and Service area at the Westhills YMCA-YWCA in Langford, BC. This position is responsible for assisting with the delivery, organization, and quality of membership services to members/the community such as membership sales, promotion and renewals, admission to the facility; and ensuring effective and consistent implementation of policies regarding the use of the facility. The Team Leader – Member Educator (Membership Sales and Services) will assist in the supervision, operation, and function of the Membership Sales and Service area, ensuring staff and volunteers have the skills, resources, direction, and support necessary to be efficient and highly effective in the delivery of sales and services to members and the public. This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; paid sick leave (per policy); and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
– Extended Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
– Life Insurance, AD&D, and Long Term Disability
– Paid Sick Leave (per policy)
– YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
– Experience leading a team
– High School graduation required, post-secondary education in progress or completed preferred
– Commitment to build meaningful relationships through positive daily interactions with Y members and guests
– Proven customer service excellence
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office (mainly Word, Excel)
– Registration software experience an asset (training provided)
– Current Standard First Aid and CPR (c) required
– A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
– The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer