YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Program Fitness Staff
Nature and Scope:
The Program Fitness Staff will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, and are responsible for providing safe, fun, and educational programs and service to members and participants in a fitness environment. A key function of their role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs, in a positive and professional manner. These staff will also build meaningful relationships through daily interaction with Y members, visitors, and colleagues; and work in collaboration with the Member Educator Staff to support member sales and retention efforts.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- YMCA Personal Training, or equivalent, certification required.
- YMCA Group Fitness Instructor, or equivalent an asset.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C required.
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
- The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, indicating the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email to: Human Resources YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island Email: email@example.com
- Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
- Shortlisting: Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
- Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
- We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.