YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Program Coordinator - Children and Youth Recreational Programs
Nature and Scope:
The Program Coordinator – Children and Youth Recreational Programs will be a dynamic leader who ensures that professional standards are demonstrated and applied in all related YMCA-YWCA programs and services. This position is responsible for the effective organization and delivery of children’s recreation programs for families, preschool and school age, playcare and special events. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, organized, resourceful, and capable of maintaining a positive, caring, service-oriented environment. Reporting to the Center Manager, the Program Coordinator – Children and Youth Recreational Programs will work as a member of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics leadership team. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of a strong team of motivated volunteers and staff, ensuring the delivery of a portfolio of child/youth programs and activities designed to meet the needs of our diverse membership. A high degree of competence and experience leading a staff and volunteer team is essential, as is the ability to provide direct service delivery.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 22 days paid vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
- Minimum 2-years relevant supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience applying child learning principles
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience with registration software is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
- Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
- Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
- We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.