YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island: Children and Youth Recreational Program Staff
Nature and Scope:
The Children and Youth Recreational Program Staff team provides high quality programs and services to our members and participants, and work as members of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics program team. This includes maintaining a safe environment, providing safe and enjoyable recreational programs for families and children ages 0-12 years of age. The range of programming includes (but is not limited to) supervision of the following activities: PlayCare (childminding), family activities (parents with young children), active games, creative programs, sports programs, and Y Move – a Physical Literacy program for children to develop fundamental movement skills to set the foundation for being active for life. All positions are entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
- Experience in leading activities for children ages 0 to 12 years.
- Education or experience with Physical Literacy an asset.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children in the target age group.
- Able to deliver programs (with appropriate age activities) in keeping with YMCA-YWCA standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive communication with parents.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required.
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
- The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
- Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
- Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
- We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.