YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island - Association Offices: Registration Services Rep
Registration Services Representative
Association Services Office (Westhills YMCA-YWCA, Langford)
Position: Permanent FullTime
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:00pm (flexibility to work up to 6:30pm based on needs of the Association)
Note – Training will occur during daytime hours (8:00am – 3:30pm)
Nature and Scope:
The Registration Services (RS) department provides customer service from the Administration office in Langford BC. This position is not a front desk position in the Westhills Y. This is an in-person position; remote work is not available.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Registration Services, the direct responsibilities of the position include answering a high volume of phone calls; highly repetitive tasks including but not limited to member reservation bookings, payment and information collection, member service sales and requests, program and waitlist registration, email inquiries and office administration tasks. Contact with Y Members and the public is primarily through phone and email. The RS Representatives have excellent communication, customer service and administrative skills. The staff team works together to ensure each interaction meets high quality service standards while role modeling the Y core values of caring, responsibility, respect, honesty, and inclusiveness.
The successful candidate joining our team must be passionate about customer service and administration. The candidate should have experience working in a physically small office environment and experience dealing with high volumes of phone inquiries. Experience dealing with challenging service situations is an asset. They will be highly motivated, organized and capable of maintaining a positive, caring, service-oriented environment. The individual must be resourceful and able to retain a large volume of product knowledge.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
• An individual membership at the Y’s fitness facilities (immediate)
• Annual vacation – 15 days
• Sick Leave Benefit – 18 days annually
• Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, Extended Health Care, Dental, and our Employee Assistance Plan (after 6 months)
• YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
Registration Services is a part of the Association Services offices and is located at the Westhills YMCA-YWCA in Langford, BC.
● Communicate directly with members and the general public who contact the Association via phone and email (minimal walk-in traffic)
● Respond to inquiries and provide advice on YMCA-YWCA membership, program selection, courses, and activities
● Promote the benefits of membership to existing and potential members; develop relationships to enhance service levels and member appreciation of value
● Promote and register participants in Camp Thunderbird, Child Care and Health, Fitness, and Aquatics programs
● Provide administrative support for Outdoor Education programs for Camp Thunderbird
● Process administrative and accounting tasks that support Membership Services, such as but not limited to membership sales, responding and resolving membership account and payment issues, processing membership holds, cancellations and amendments
● Provide registration and administrative support for special events and seasonal needs of various departments
● Respond to, resolve or refer member and community inquiries and feedback regarding all aspects of the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island functions and activities
● Current Standard First Aid and CPR C is an asset
● High School Diploma is required
● 2 years’ experience in office administration and/or customer service
● Experience using Active Net registration software is an asset
● Experience using Microsoft Office 365, primarily Teams and Outlook, is an asset
● A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
● The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.