YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island - Westhills Y Langford: Light Duty Cleaner/Custodian
Light Duty Cleaner / Custodian
Westhills YMCA-YWCA (Langford, BC)
Placement: As soon as possible
Wage Rate: $18.00 per hour
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week
Nature and Scope:
Join our Y staff team and work within a positive, welcoming, and safe environment at the Langford Westhills YMCA-YWCA. Light Duty Cleaners/Custodians will provide excellent cleaning services throughout the Westhills Y facility. The main responsibilities of this position are to clean the fitness facility, including change rooms and washrooms, exercise areas and equipment, and public areas (lobby, stairways, and halls) at the Westhills Y. Considerable attention to detail is required. Please note that the hours subject to change based on demands of the branch; flexibility is required. Extra hours will be available for shift coverage. All positions are entitled to a free individual YMCA-YWCA membership. Other benefits are outlined in the Y’s Personnel Policies.
• Ensure that all areas are clean and tidy.
• Clean change rooms, showers, bathrooms, and fitness program areas, hallways etc. (Includes cleaning fitness equipment)
• Ensure high-touch/common surface areas are disinfected according to the Y’s COVID-19 Safety Plan procedures.
• Wet/dry mop floors as required (for spills, etc.), sweeping, and cleaning windows.
• Refill all dispensers (soap, paper towel etc.) and stock supplies as required.
• Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
• Other related duties as directed/required.
• Minimum of 1-3 months cleaning/janitorial experience and some knowledge of cleaning products is preferred (*Note: we are willing to train).
• Good attention to detail and a focus on customer service.
• Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification required (can be obtained within one month of start date).
• A clean Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required (prior to start date – not required at the application stage).
• The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume indicating the position that you are applying for (PPT or Casual) in the subject line of your email to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter which position how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.