YMCA-YWCA Westhills: Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness
Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness
Westhills YMCA-YWCA (Langford, BC)
Placement: October 2022
Wage: $31.30 per class
Classes: Weekday mid-morning (10am – 11am)
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate aquatic fitness programs to meet the needs of members and participants in a group fitness setting. They will ensure that members understand the benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The successful candidate will perform work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs. This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
• To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
• To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
• To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
• To ensure excellent customer service is provided
• Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
• Represent the Association in a professional manner
• Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
• YMCA Group Fitness Instructor – Aquatic Fitness certification or equivalent; (eg. BCRPA Aquatic Fitness certification, CALA)
• CPR (A) certification
• 1 year experience as a Group Fitness Instructor in group classes or an equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required (prior to start date – not required at the application stage).
• The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
• Commitment to Health and Safety
• Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.