YMCA-YWCA Westhills: Children and Youth Recreational Program Staff
Positions: Casual: Up to 19 hours/week
Placement: As soon as possible
Wage Rate: $17.55/hour (plus benefits for permanent positions, see below)
Shifts available include: Mondays – Sundays 8:45am-12 noon; Mondays – Thursdays 4:30-7pm. (Note: Opportunity for additional shifts/coverage work depending on availability).
Nature and Scope:
The Children and Youth Recreational Program Staff team provides high quality programs and services to our members and participants, and work as members of the Health, Fitness and Aquatics program team. This includes maintaining a safe environment, providing safe and enjoyable recreational programs for families and children ages 0-12 years of age. The range of programming includes (but is not limited to) supervision of the following activities: PlayCare (childminding), family activities (parents with young children), active games, creative programs, sports programs, and Y Move – a Physical Literacy program for children to develop fundamental movement skills to set the foundation for being active for life. All positions are entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
• Provide excellent customer service to members, volunteers, and staff
• Set-up and take-down of program equipment and other equipment as required
• Ensure that equipment is safe and in good repair (report any malfunctions and remove any damaged equipment immediately)
• Plan, organize and implement core lesson plans/daily lesson plans, progress reports and evaluations
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date progress sheets and records for participants
• Maintenance and cleaning duties as required
• Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA Vancouver Island standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
• Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
• Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
• Contribute as a member of the staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
• Experience in leading activities for children ages 0 to 12 years
• Education or experience with Physical Literacy an asset
• Reliable and dependable
• Ability to communicate effectively with children in the target age group
• Able to deliver programs (with appropriate age activities) in keeping with YMCA-YWCA standards
• Ability to establish and maintain positive communication with parents
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
• The YMCA/YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
• Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
• Commitment to Health and Safety
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: open until suitable candidates found
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.