YMCA YWCA Westhills (Langford): Group Fitness Instructor - Yoga/Pilates
Group Fitness Instructor – Yoga or Pilates
Westhills YMCA-YWCA (Langford, BC)
Placement: October 2022
Wage: $32.96/one-hour class
Hours: Weekday Mornings 10am – 11am
Opportunities to substitute/pick up additional classes throughout the week.
Nature and Scope:
The Group Fitness Instructor – Yoga or Pilates designs, modifies, and instructs safe, effective and appropriate Yoga or Pilates fitness programs to meet the needs of members, community and special populations in a group fitness setting. Reporting to the Program Coordinator – Fitness at the Westhills Y, the Group Fitness Instructor – Yoga or Pilates ensures members understand the benefits of exercise and feel comfortable with the fitness program. The Group Fitness Instructor – Yoga or Pilates performs work according to YMCA-YWCA values, objectives, policies, and health and safety and risk management programs. The successful candidate for this position will provide additional shift coverage as needed; availability on short notice for coverage is an asset.
This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
• To engage, motivate and lead individuals in a group fitness class setting safely
• To plan, organize and implement lesson plans
• To demonstrate a commitment to safety in program delivery
• To ensure excellent customer service is provided
• Model appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
• Represent the Association in a professional manner
• Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
• YMCA Group Fitness Instructor certification – specialty in Yoga or Pilates or equivalent relevant Yoga or Pilates certification
• 1-year experience as a Group Fitness Instructor with group classes or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience and/or training in multiple fitness formats is an asset
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
• The YMCA-YWCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
• Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
• Commitment to Health and Safety
• Conflict Resolution
• Coaching and Development
• Service Attitude/Customer Focus
• Relationship Building
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Shortlisting: Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
3. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.